“If you play with fire, you’re going to get burned” is how the old saying goes. But so many women throw caution to the wind and ignore boundaries, thinking it would never happen to them. The young married woman of Proverbs probably didn’t think it would happen to her either. Her lack of personal hedges landed her in trouble—entangled in a messy affair. In this Girls Gone Wise video book blog, you’ll be challenged to take precautions and establish some wise hedges, so you can avoid crashing through boundaries and making a wreck of your life.
1. Read the eleventh point of contrast between a Wild and a Wise Thing (Pages 153-169)
2. Download and complete the Chapter Questions for Personal Reflection.
3. Download and complete the Personal Hedges Worksheet.
4. Post your comments on the Blog
• How does failing to heed boundaries expose a woman to potentially dangerous or compromising situations?
• Do you think we can come up with a hard and fast list of boundaries that are appropriate for all circumstances? Who or why not?
• Were there any hedges on the Personal Hedges Worksheet that you liked or thought were particularly important? Were there any you disliked or thought were overly restrictive?
• Has anyone ever pressured you to cross a boundary that you felt uncomfortable crossing? How did you respond?
• What are some challenges you face when it comes to maintaining personal hedges?