15 Ways to Please your Husband
by Barbara Rainey
Romans 15:2-3 tells us, "Let each of us please his neighbor for his good, to his edification. For even Christ did not please Himself . . ." Who is your closest neighbor?
Your husband. How can you edify (build, improve) your mate and thereby enhance his self-worth? By discovering—and doing—what pleases him.
If you are creative, pleasing your mate may be a natural part of your personality. But a less creative person may need some coaching in becoming a partner pleaser. And all of us need an occasional cue card to remind us to reach out. Here are a few ideas:
1. Write him a letter and send it to his office, or put a love note in his lunchbox or briefcase.
2. Prepare his favorite meal.
3. Arrange an evening out for just the two of you.
4. Wear his favorite dress with your hair done the way he likes it.
5. Purchase something small and frivolous for him that he won't buy himself.
6. Give him a nicely framed picture of yourself, or of you and the children, for his office.
7. Surprise him with an all-expense-paid trip to do something he likes, such as golf, fishing, or hunting trip.
8. Put the children to bed early and prepare a candlelight dinner.
9. Do something that especially pleased him when you were dating.
10. Read Scriptures and pray with him regularly.
11. Take walks together.
12. Keep your junk out of the garage.
13. Greet your husband warmly after work.
14. Wear his favorite negligee or buy a new nightgown to add sizzle to your evening attire.
15. Clean out the car for him.
Sometimes the smallest gestures can make the biggest difference in your marriage.
Pick out something you haven't tried before; don't give complacency a foothold in your marriage relationship.