The girls are back in their classes now; Maryann Loveing just finished talking to the moms and mentors, and Marlae Gritter is about to address them. After sharing her testimony, Maryann gave the moms some very practical steps they can take with their daughters:
- Teach her truth while she is young.
- Help her establish a daily walk with God. (When we’re getting too busy to take our daughters to the Word, we need to reorder our personal world.)
- Be “H.O.T.” about your own failures: honest, open, and transparent.
- Tell your kids when you’ve messed up and you’re sorry. Our kids need to know that we’re not perfect.
- Date your daughter. Do what SHE likes. (Yes, even if it means spending time in Claires! Ask them questions about their week. What are their greatest challenges? What are they most excited about?)
- Encourage godly examples (female/male) that promote right(eous) living. (We have to be their first role model. We can’t go home and watch Desperate Housewives and then expect them to be pure.)
- Do not fear being counter-cultural.
- Steps to a healthy marriage begin now.
I’m going to go see how the girlys are doing . . .