Since hearing the True Woman message, Leslie said she's now experienced true freedom and is finding satisfaction in fulfilling her God-ordained identity as a woman. And because of the change it's made in her life, she wanted to share that message with the women in her church and community.
So on four consecutive Wednesdays in July during a morning and an evening session, Leslie's church hosted their own True Woman Columbia. During the sessions, over 200 women from 25 churches and nine denominations gathered to watch True Woman DVDs, hear personal testimonies, and have lively and honest conversations. Leslie said that the attendees left encouraged, convicted, and filled with hope. She shared just a few of the ways that God touched hearts, including:
- "Yes, Lord" hankies were spotted tied to a purse and a tennis bag. Another lady clutched hers while undergoing cancer tests. It served as a reminder to say "yes" to the Lord during the numerous medical examinations. Her hankie has already been washed several times!
- A career mom reported she was taking the next year off to devote herself fully to studying God's Word and nurturing her family and marriage.
- A broken woman desperately seeking financial and pastoral assistance from their church was urged by their pastor to attend the event. Her utilities at home had been turned off but she exclaimed, "God put me in the dark so I could see!"
- Another woman heard about the event and attended alone. She was in despair over her troubled marriage to an American soldier who returned from Iraq as an abusive and alcoholic man. She received encouragement and prayer support and plans to enroll in an upcoming Bible study.
- A divorced, unemployed lady was invited by a friend to attend. She would have typically gone out to "party" on the night it was held but instead chose to participate. She didn't miss one session and is experiencing a spiritual rebirth.
- A working grandmother received God's confirmation in her recent decision to retire in order to help raise her grandchildren. She now desires to serve the church and enroll in Bible study.
- The Lord gave a cancer patient Romans 11:33-36 as special verses just two weeks before the event. She was amazed and touched deeply as she listened to the message "From Him, Through Him, To Him" based on those verses.
"With linked arms, we move forward to continue growing and discovering the full beauty and majesty of God's unique design for us," she said.